Namespace your JavaScript function and variable with jQuery

We all know that global variable are evil. Namespacing  your variables and methods is now considered a good practice and shows your awareness about the trends. Anyway, I thought how can I namespace my variables and methods in jQuery. Well, first off, I can easily extend jQuery with custom written plugins.

$.fn.extend({
  myNamespaced: function(myArg){
    return 'namespaced.' + myArg;
  }
});
jQuery().myNamespaced('A');
$().myNamespaced('A'); // Shorthand $()
// Outputs: namespaced.A

Now my functions are namespaced and would not conflict with any other already declared functions with the same name. This is great, but to access my functions or variables I have to call jQuery(). The code still looks like chaining not namespacing. To declare your variables or functions in jQuery namespace you can extend the core jQuery object itself using jQuery.extend() rather than jQuery.fn.extend().

$.extend({ 
  myNamespaced: function(myArg){ 
    return 'namespaced.' + myArg; 
  } 
}); 
jQuery.myNamespaced('A'); 
$.myNamespaced('A'); // Shorthand 
// Outputs: namespaced.A

As you can see, now I can call my functions and properties without parenthesis after jQuery object. Now my functions have a jQuery namespace and will not conflict with other functions that might have the same name.

TIP:
Use $.extend({}) to namespace your fields and methods.